Our School Club classes follow the award winning Relax Kids programme which brings a unique 7 step approach to mindfulness and is specifically aimed at children.
We offer a number of different types of classes to suit the needs and requirements of each school. These include:
- Whole school sessions – available for whole class groups. Sessions can be delivered across the academic year in term time block bookings or as one off sessions concentrating on a specific theme or topic of interest, such as Children’s Mental Health Week. The duration of the sessions tend to be the length of one school period.
- Assemblies – We are available to deliver well-being assemblies which are aimed at helping pupils develop their understanding around mental health. The duration of the sessions tend to be 15 minutes but can be tailored to meet the needs of each school.
- Parent & Teacher sessions – Parent and teacher sessions are usually stand alone. These sessions provide an overview of the Relax Kids programme for parents and teachers and can be delivered at post drop-off and pick-up times or during staff lunch periods. The duration of the sessions can be 20-30 minutes for a briefing.
- Movement and dance, which allow children to express themselves freely
- Fun games which allow them to interact, share and communicate
- Stretching and breathing exercises, to build self-awareness and restore calm to the nervous system
- Peer massage, encouraging children to interact in a kind way to each other
- Positive affirmations to develop a strong sense of self-worth and confidence
- Relaxations/visualisations, allowing the children to explore their imagination